Welcome

Alpicks Treasures!

Tuesday, January 13, 2009





Good Morning to you all and as I promised here are my pictures from yesterday. This sign you only see in one spot in Nevada and that was in Lake Tahoe when I was there in 2007. The bears enjoy going through the trash, the year I was there they had alot of trouble with them at peoples houses. I was unlucky to see one, its on my to do list of animals to see. I did see a bear in Yellowstone last year but it was not a good shot and he was laying down in the grasses. So here is you Mondays Here's you sign" Sorry it would not post yesterday. Enjoy your day.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I saw a bear the summer I spent in Oregon but he was a little one, have also ate it too, didn't care for it, too greasy and it was dark meat! I'm still waiting to see one out here, we have they just hide real good! I remember Lake Tahoe, it was very pretty!

Small City Scenes said...

We have a few bears out this way. Mostly Black Bears---they are small.
Had a mama and 2 cubs one summer dayin the pasture and I am out there trying to take some pictures. LOL.
Love the sign.

BTW what kind of GPS do you have?

Beemoosie said...

Oh what beautiful country you live in!!! I would love to see a bear, the bear population is growing around here. So I may just run into one some day!

Have a great week!

Neonfairy said...

Im sending you some sign pictures....Love ya.

Mary L. Briggs said...

I love the bear crossing sign! They have a lot of trouble with them up at Mount Magazine State park. They paid a fortune for special trash cans that were 'bear proof'~I think the bears tore them up the first week, LOL!

My husband saw a bear a few weeks ago while he was driving back in the mountains.

Have a good week!