Welcome

Alpicks Treasures!

Sunday, March 02, 2008

Hello Everyone!

This is heading towards Beatty
One of the mines out be Rhyolite
Geocaching Ad!


Hope that you all have had a nice weekend where ever you may be? Mine is ok. I went to Pahrump to see Shila yesterday (Sat) and to bring her home so she can borrow my car since hers died, I told her I would lend her mine until she can find another one so she just left. Now for those who dont know who Shila is, she my oldest of 3. The momma to my grandbaby who is not a baby anymore she will be 8 in July soo shes not a baby I guess. Is hard to believe that its March already. As I was traveling to Pahrump yesterday I noticed along the high way all the wild flower were in bloom. Now for the desert it could be to early due to last minute frost we could get. They were a nice site to see, all the purples, whites and oranges. It was really windy I did stop for a picture but I dont know how they came out.

A week or so ago I was watching tv on the PBS channel and they had people out finding geocaching. If you dont know what I am talking about, well here is a lesson and I may be hooked on it. Geocaching is people placing item in a box, some kind of container hiding under rocks, wood, what ever. You go to http://www.geocaching.com/ and it will tell you where to go to find them, so today I went to this site and typed in my zip code and I could not believe how many are in this area just waiting for anyone to find. You have to replace an item if you take something out and sign the log book. I think this is a great idea to get out in nature and go exploring. It saids there one just downtown in Beatty, thats like right in my back yard. You can even place them and post them so others can find. What a neat treasure! You will need a GPS so you can find the location. Thats on my next Christmas list.... Happy Hunting!


Just a quick note to let you all know that Monday I am off to Vegas for therpy, then on Tuesday I am leaving with the high school kids to Reno for a 4 day trip as a chaperon. I will be home on Friday night and off to work, but I will check in with you all. Have a great week. Many blessing to you all. Taa taa

4 comments:

Small City Scenes said...

Hi Allison,
Hope you are having a good trip. I love your photos and interesting comments. I have heard about geocaching but didn't know anyone could just do it without belonging to a club. I am going to go and check it out. MB

Mary L. Briggs said...

Hi Allison~the wildflowers sound lovely. We are expecting 3-5" of snow tonight--Yikes!!! I guess Sue will be cold, too! Hope you are having a great week.

Unknown said...

That Geocaching sounds like fun, I'll have to see if anything is going on around here! Have a safe trip!!

Erin said...

Just wanted to drop you a line and say hi. Hope you have a good trip. ttyl Erin