Welcome

Alpicks Treasures!

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Scrub Jay!







Good Wednesday to you all. Hope that everyone is doing well? Its slowly starting to warm back up here in the desert. I have had some strange visitors in the lot next door. Every Spring and Fall I usually see a Robin and some Wood Peckers, they come down from the mountains to feed and go back up, well the other day I saw some birds in that yard and they were not the normal birds I see. I was watching them for awhile, but I could not get a really good picture. My friend was down visiting her Mom and she lives in Reno. She told me they were Scrub Jays. What a pretty bird. The are blue, gray and brown. I have never seen them in Beatty, we are just to far South for them, maybe they were lost? hungry I know because I through some bread over there the day before. There was 4 of them and they made my day. So if you know these birds, please comment and tell me about them. They were a sight to see. My prayers goes out to Bonnie over at Beesmoose, Her Dad passed away. Were thinking about you girl.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We have ALOT of blue jays here, I love them, feed them peanuts all year round! I can't believe you don't get alot of birds there, do you have a bird bath out? That will bring alot of birds to your yard for sure!

~~Mikki Jo said...

Hi there! Wanted to let you know about the Donations Drawing Giveaway over at my blog! Please tell your friends about it. I have had a hard time getting my life back together after mom passed away. It's still very hard. So good to see you and your inspiring blog. Blessings, Mikki